PhD (Plant Biotechnology) Universiti Putra Malaysia
BSc. (hons) (Biochemistry) Universiti Putra Malaysia
Plant biotechnology, plant cryopreservation technology, genetic engineering of crops and ornamentals (Agrobacterium-mediated transformation), hairy root cultures, application of tissue culture for crop improvement via somaclonal variation, micropropagation of fruit crops, ornamentals (orchids and roses) and medicinal plants.
- Genetic engineering of orchids for fungal disease resistance.
- Induction of hairy root cultures from selected medicinal plants.
- Secondary metabolites production using in vitro technology
- Establishment of cryopreservation technology for selected orchids species / hybrid and roses.
- Somaclonal variation screening for banana tolerance / resistance to fungal diseases using in vitro technology
- Studies on the vegetative insecticidal proteins and crystal insecticidal proteins of the native Bacillus thuringiensis isolates and testing its bio-efficacy.
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- MARDI, Malaysia
- AIMST University, Malaysia
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- FELDA Biotechnology Research Centre
- United Plantation, Teluk Intan Perak
- Tamil Nadu Agriculture University (TNAU), India
- Mongolian Institute of Biological Sciences (Mongolian Academy of Sciences)
- University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- SANRU, Iran
- Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- UAE University, UAE
- Malaysian Nuclear Agency
Sreeramanan Subramaniam - Publication Year 2015
- Safrina Rahmah, Safiah Ahmad Mubbarakh, Uma Rani Sinniah, Sreeramanan Subramaniam(2015). Effects of droplet-vitrification on Brassidium Shooting Star’s orchid protocorm-like bodies (PLBs). Scientia Horticulturae. 197: 254-260. ISI/Scopus IF: 1.365
- Saikat Gantait, Uma Rani Sinniah, Periasamy Suranthran, Sharrmila Rengeswaru Palanyandy and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Improved cryopreservation of oil palm (Elaeis guineensis) polyembryoids using droplet vitrification approach and assessment of genetic fidelity. Protoplasma. 252:89-101. ISI/Scopus Journal, IF:2.651.
- Sharmilla Rengeswari Palanyandy, Saikat Gantait, Periasamy Suranthran, Uma Rani Sinniah and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Storage of encapsulated oil palm polyembryoids: influence of temperature and duration. In Vitro Cell Developmental Biology – Plants. 51: 118-124. ISI/Scopus IF: 0.981
- Sivalingam Elayabalan, Sreeramanan Subramaniam and Ramasamy Selvarajan (2015). Banana buncy top disease (BBTD) symptom expression in banana and strategies for transgenic resistance: review. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 27 (1): 55-74. Scopus
- Zaminur Rahman, S.M. Shahinul Islam, A.N. Chowdhury and Sreeramanan Subramaniam(2015). Efficient microtuber production of potato in modified nutrient spray bioreactor system. Scientia Horticulturae. 192: 369-374. ISI/Scopus IF: 1.365
- Safrina Rahmah, Safiah Ahmad Mubbarakh, Khor Soo Ping, and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Effects of Droplet-Vitrification Cryopreservation Based on Physiological and Antioxidant Enzyme Activities of Brassidium Shooting Star Orchid. The Scientific World Journal. ID 961793. ISI/Scopus IF: 1.22
- Pavallekoodi Gnasekaran and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Mapping of the interaction between Agrobacterium tumefaciens and Vanda Kasem’s Delight orchid protocorm-like bodies. Indian Journal of Microbiology. 55 (3): 285-291. ISI/Scopus IF: 0.882
- Jasim Uddain, Pavallekoodi Gnasekaran, Latiffah Zakaria, Chew Bee Lynn and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). The effect of different growth media, carbon source, PGRs on Dendrobium Broga Giant orchid’s protocorm-like bodies (PLBs) proliferation supported with SEM and TEM analyses. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 47 (2): 587-593. ISI/Scopus IF: 0.822
- Bakul Bhattacharjee, S.M. Shahinul Islam and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Rapid development of PLBS derived from immature seeds and mass multiplication of Vanda tessellate (Roxb.) Hook. Ex G. Don – A threatened orchid species in Bangladesh. Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology. 25 (2): 181-191.
- Touhidul Islam, Bakul Bhattacharjee, S.M. Shahinul Islam, Jasim Uddain and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Axenic seed culture and in vitro mass propagation of Malaysian wild orchid Cymbidium finlaysonianum Pakistan Journal of Botany. 47 (6): 2361-2367. ISI/Scopus. IF: 0.822.
- Marimuthu, P. Gunaselvam, M. Aminur Rahman, R. Xavier, J. Arokiaraj, S. Subramaniam, F.M. Yusoff and A. Arshad (2015). Antibacterial activity of ovary extract from sea urchin Diadema setosum. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences. 19: 1895-1899. ISI/Scopus IF: 1.213
- M. Shahinul Islam, Touhidul Islam, Bakul Bhattacharjee, Tushar kanti Mondal, and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). In vitro pseudobulb based micropropagation for mass development of Cymbidium finlaysonianum Lindl. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 27(6): 469-474. Scopus
- Abdul J. Jaleel, Shyam S. Kurup and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Variations in Hormones and Antioxidant Status in Relation to Flowering in Early, Mid, and Late Varieties of Date Palm (Phoenix dactylifera) of United Arab Emirates. The Scientific World Journal. ID 846104. ISI/Scopus IF: 1.22
- J.J. Antony, R.A. Shamsir, R. Poobathy, B.L. Chew and S. Subramaniam (2015). Somaclonal variations were not induced by the cryopreservation:Levels of somaclonal variations of in vitroand thawed protocorms of Dendrobium Bobby Messina analysed by SCoT and TRAP DNA markers. South African Journal of Botany. 100: 148-157.ISI/Scopus IF: 0.978
- Arulvilee Rajasegar, Asyraf Mansor, Ranjetta Poobathy, Elayabalan Sivalingam, Uma Rani Sinniah and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). An improved PVS2 cryopreservation technique for Ascocenda Wangsa Gold orchid using protocorm-like bodies. Turkish Journal of Biology. 39:202-209. ISI/Scopus IF:1.343.
- Fam May Chee, Xavier Rathinam, Monica Danial, Chan Kit Lam, Ma Hai Qui and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Effects of methyl-jasmonate on 9-methoxycanthin-6-one content in Eurycoma longifolia (Tongkat Ali) root culture. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 47 (3): 897-904.ISI/Scopus IF: 0.822
- Jasim Uddain, Latiffah Zakaria, Chew Bee Lynn and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Preliminary assessment on Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Dendrobium Broga Giant orchid’s PLBs. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 27 (9): 669-677. Scopus
- Raheleh Dehgahi, Latiffah Zakaria, Azhar Mohamad, Alireza Joniyas and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Effects of fusaric acid treatment on the protocorm-like bodies of Dendrobium sonia-28. In press ISI/Scopus. IF 2.651.
- Aminur Faiz Suis, Khor Soo Ping, Chin Chee Keong, Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Biochemical and physiological responses to polyethylene glycol (PEG) treatment in protocorm-like bodies (PLBs) of Aranda Broga Blue Bell. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 27 (10): 776-783Scopus
- Kuppusamy Timalata, Kasi Marimuthu, Rao Vengkades Rao, Rathinam Xavier, M. Aminur Rahman, Subramaniam Sreeramanan, Mariadhas Valan Arasu, Naif Abdullah Al-Dhabi and Jesu Arockiaraj (2015). Elucidation of innate immune components in the epidermal mucus of different freshwater fish species. Acta Ichthyologica Et Piscatoria. 45 (3): 221-230. ISI/Scopus IF: 0.577.
- Laleh Bordbar, Sreeramanan Subramaniam, Nadali Babaeian Jelodar, Lai Keng Chan (2015). Effects of abiotic factors on cell biomass and rosmarinic acid production in cell suspension cultures of Orthosiphon Stamineus Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 27 (10): 756-762. ISI/Scopus
- Venkatachalam, K. Kalaiarasi, and S. Sreeramanan (2015). Influence of plant growth regulators (PGRs) andvarious additives on in vitro plant propagation of Bambusa arundinacea(Retz.) Wild: A recalcitrant bamboo species. Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. 13: 193-200. ISI/Scopus IF: 0.069
- A. Rahman, A. Ramli, H. Hosni, R. Kamaruzaman, Z.A. Seman, A.N. Othman, Z. Zainal, J. Uddain, S. Subramaniam (2015). Efficient plant regeneration of Malaysian aromatic rice (Oryza sativaL.) through somatic embryogenesis. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 27 (11): 857-863. Scopus
- Arulvilee Rajasegar, Ranjetta Poobathy, Xavier Rathinam, Yungeree Oyunbileg and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Cryopreservation of PLBs of Brassidium Fly Away using encapsulation-dehydration technique. Mongolian Journal of Biological Sciences. 13 (1-2) 19-23.
- Jessica Jeyanthi James Antony, Leong Kah Wai, Yungeree Oyunbileg and Sreeramanan Subramaniam (2015). Characterization of the second generation cryopreserved Dendrobium Bobby Messina using histological and RAPD analyses. Mongolian Journal of Biological Sciences13 (1-2) 13-18.