B.Sc. (Hons) (Biology and Management of Vectors and Parasites), Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
M.Sc. (Entomology), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
Ph.D. (Medical Entomology), Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
Ext. 5137; firstname.lastname@example.org
Our group is interested in aspects relating to insecticide resistance of human disease vectors. We are particularly interested in understanding the underlying mechanism causing the resistance especially in Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus and molecular approaches have been used to study the mechanisms. We are also keen on developing tools/methods and programs in insecticide resistance management as well as mosquito control through biological control methods. Equally important are studies on agricultural insect pest which we focus more on the integrated management field of these pests.
- Insecticide resistance in human disease vectors.
- Diversity of mosquitoes in oil palm plantation.
- Efficacy of mosquito control using Metarhizium anisopliae (biological control).
1. Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine 2. Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia
- Intan H. Ishak. Jacob M. Riveron, Sulaiman S. Ibrahim, Rob Stott, Joshua Longbottom, Helen Irving and Charles S. Wondji (2016).The Cytochrome P450 gene CYP6P12 confers pyrethroid resistance in kdr-free Malaysian populations of the dengue vector Aedes albopictus. Scientific Reports 2016, 6: 24707. doi: 10.1038/srep24707 IF = 5.578 (Published – 20 April 2016).
- Intan H. Ishak, Zairi Jaal, Hilary Ranson and Charles S. Wondji (2015). Contrasting patterns of insecticide resistance and knockdown resistance (kdr) in the dengue vectors Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus from Malaysia. Parasites and Vectors 2015, 8: 181. doi:10.1186/s13071-015-0797-2 IF = 3.25 (Published – 25 March 2015). [*Highly Accessed*]
- Intan H. Ishak, Helen Irving, Zairi Jaal, Hilary Ranson and Charles Wondji (2014). Identification of Malaysian dengue vectors; Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus using polymerase chain reaction assay. JETEAS, ISSN 2141-7016 (Published –December 2014).
- Intan H. Ishak, Hilary Ranson and Charles S. Wondji. 2012. Elucidating mechanisms of insecticide resistance in Aedes aegypti populations in Malaysia. In: Proceedings of Entomology 2012 Conference (Ento ’12). 18 - 20 July 2012, Royal Entomological Society, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge
- Nur Iwani Jalaluddin, Abu Hassan Ahmad, Nur Aida Hashim, Kumara Thevan Krishnan, Intan H. Ishak and Nur Farisya Mohd Saufi. 2016. Mosquito Species of the Royal Belum State Park of Perak, Malaysia. In: Proceedings of 4th Royal Belum Scientific Expedition 2015. 22-25 May 2016, Belum Rainforest Resort.
- Intan Ishak, Hilary Ranson and Charles Wondji. 2012. Elucidating mechanisms of insecticide resistance in Aedes aegypti populations in Malaysia. In: Proceedings of Entomology 2012 Conference (Ento ’12). 18 - 20 July 2012, Royal Entomological Society, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge