The laboratory is involved in:
- The micropropagation of fruit trees, ornamentals and medicinal plants.
- The production of useful compounds using plant cell culture techniques.
- Establishment of plant cvyopreservation technology
- Agrobacterium – mediated transformation of selected plants
The laboratory offers the following services:
- Consultation service for setting up Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory.
- Training of tissue culture skills to laboratory personnels and plant growers.
- Custom multiplication of tissue culture plants or contract propagation of new plant varieties.
- Custom research and development for interested organization and consultancy for mass propagation and plant cell culture facilities.
- Contract development of plant tissue culture media.