Dr. Nur Asshifa Md Noh
B.Sc. (Hons) (Microbiology),Universiti Sains Malaysia
Microbial Fermentation, Applied Microbiology
Previous and current researches are focusing on biosurfactants production by microorganisms via fermentation process and the application of this metabolite in hydrocarbon degradation, crude oil distillation and soil washing. Biosurfactants production is often considered as an integral trait of microorganisms capable of utilizing hydrocarbon. Isolating and identifying microorganisms responsible for hydrocarbon transformations have been recognized as important from a fundamental and applied viewpoint, and lists of hydrocarbon-utilizing organisms such as bacteria, yeasts, actinomycetes and fungi are available.
- Rhamnolipid (biosurfactant) production by Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2 via fermentation using cheap substrates.
- Application and development of microbial consortium of hydrocarbon degrader for soil remediation.
- A. Md Noh, S. Mohd Salleh and A.R.M. Yahya (2014) Enhanced rhamnolipid production by Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2 via fed-batch cultivation based on maximum substrate uptake rate. Letters in Applied Microbiology. 58(6): 617-623.
- Nur Asshifa Md Noh, Amirul Al-Ashraf Abullah, Mohamad Nasir Mohamad Ibrahim and Ahmad Ramli Mohd Yahya (2012) Rhamnolipid produced by Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2 facilitates crude oil distillation. Journal of General and Applied Microbiology. 58(2):153-161.
- M.S. Salwa, M.N. Nur Asshifa, A.A. Amirul and Ahmad R.M. Yahya (2009) Different feeding strategy for the production of biosurfactant from Pseudomonas aeruginosa COMA-2 in modified bioreactor. Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering. 14(6): 763-768.
- N. Nur Asshifa, M. Arif F., M.N.M Ibrahim and Ahmad R.M. Yahya (2008) Microbial activity on crude oil biomodification and its potential in facilitating distillation. Journal of Biotechnology.136S, S489. (ISI web-ISSN: 0168-1656)
- Salwa, M. S., Nur Asshifa, M. N., & Ahmad Ramli, M. Y. (2011). Improving Biosurfactant Recovery from Pseudomonas aeruginosa Fermentation. In A. Carpi (Ed.), Progress in Molecular and Environmental Bioengineering - From Analysis and Modeling to Technology Applications. InTech - Open Access Publisher. Chapter 26, pg. 577-586.
- Ahmad Ramli Mohd Yahya, Mohamad Nasir Mohamad Ibrahim and Nur Asshifa Md Noh (2012). Application of USM-AR2 (Pseudomonas aeruginosa) in facilitating hydrocarbon distillation process. Malaysian Patent, MY-147418-A
- Nur Asshifa MN & Ahmad Ramli MY (2014). Rhamnolipid production in Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2 fed-batch fermentation. Asia Life Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan.
- Nur Asshifa MN, Salwa MS and Ahmad Ramli MY (2013) Oxygen transfer study on cultivation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2, a hydrocarbon utilizer in bioreactor. International Symposium on Biological Engineering and Natural Sciences (ISBENS 2013), Bangkok, Thailand.
- Nur Asshifa MN, Salwa, MS and Ahmad RM Yahya (2012) Determination of maximum substrate uptake rate (MSUR) in Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2 fed-batch culture producing rhamnolipid. 15th International Biotechnology Symposium and Exhibition (IBS 2012), Daegu, Korea.
- Nur Asshifa MN, Salwa MS and Ahmad Ramli MY (2012) Fed-batch cultivation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2 producing rhamnolipid in bioreactor through pulse feeding strategy. International Conference on Biological and Life Sciences (ICBLS 2012), Singapore.
- Nur Asshifa MN, Salwa MS, M. Ibrahim MN and Ahmad Ramli MY (2011) Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2 culture containing biosurfactant facilitates crude oil distillation process. International Conference on Environmental, Biomedical and Biotechnology (ICEBB 2011), Shanghai, China.
- Nur Asshifa MN, M. Ibrahim MN, Amirul AA and Ahmad RM Yahya (2009) Rhamnolipid production by Pseudomonas aeruginosa CO-MA2 in bioreactor. 2nd Collaborative Conference Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia-Universiti Sains Malaysia, Surabaya.
- Nur Asshifa MN, Amirul AA, Mohamad Nasir MI, Ahmad RM Yahya (2008). Biological pretreatment of crude oil using Pseudomonas aeruginosa CO-MA2 in facilitating distillation process. 10th Symposium of The Malaysian Society of Applied Biology (MSAB), Kuching, Sarawak.