Zary Shariman Yahaya, Associate Professor
B. Sc. (Hons), M.Sc., Universiti Sains MalaysiaPh.D., University of Nottingham, UK
The relationships between parasites and hosts have been continuing an evolutionary process where the parasites continue to adapt using many strategies in the hosts and the hosts themselves continue to refine their immunological defenses for warding off the parasites. Research focuses on understanding the infection mechanism and host/parasite interactions in parasitic nematode infections of veterinary and medical importance at the molecular level. Using molecular biology methods and bioinformatics, knowledge gained from this research will help to produce better treatment and control of nematode diseases in human and animal as well.
- The cloning and expression of recombinant cysteine protease from Haemonchus contortus as a vaccine candidate for H. contortus infection in sheep and goats.
- The study on the effect of MUMB and UMB blocks in the rate of gastrointestinal parasitic infection and meat quality of goats in Malaysia
- The prevalence of EUS infection in Malaysian snakehead (Channa striata) fish aquaculture production.
- The prevalence study and identification of bat ectoparasites in northern Peninsular Malaysia using morphological and molecular identification methods.
- The study of gastrointestinal and ecto-parasite of semi-captive orang utan (Pongo Pygmaeus) in Orang Utan Island, Perak, Malaysia
- Veterinary Research Institute, Ipoh
- Keele University, UK
- Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Japan
Zulfigar, Y. and T. S. H. Aileen. Sea Cucumber (Stichopus japonicus) Culture in Fanning Fisheries Center, Okayama Prefecture. Publisher: The Center For International Cooperation, University Of Tokyo. Pp. 29.
- Hamed Kioumarsi, Z. S., Yahaya, Rahman A.W., Chandrawathani, P. 2010. A New Strategy that can Improve Commercial productivity of Raising Boer Goats in Malaysia. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences (online) (ISSN 1683-9919/ DOI 103923/ajava2011)
- Nasaruddin, A Yahaya, Z.S. Mohd Sah, S. A. 2010. Ectoparasite of Bats in Kuala Jasin, Johor, Malaysia. (Submitted to Tropical Biomedicine)
- Hamed. Kioumarsi, Kaveh Jafari Khorshidi, Zary Shariman Yahya, Majid Zerafat Angiz L. 2010. The Effect of Fish Meal on Performance, Carcass Traits, and Fresh Meat Quality of Zel Lambs.. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences (in press)
- Kioumarsi, H, K., Jafari Khorshidi, M. Zahedifar, A. R. Seidavi, Z. S. Yahaya, W. A. Rahman and S. Z. Mirhosseini. 2008. Estimation of Relationships Between Components of Carcass Quality and Quantity in Taleshi Lambs. Asian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances Vol 3, No. 5: 307-313.
- Wahab A. Rahman, Zary Shariman Y & Somkiat S. 2003. Trials using medicated urea molass block (MUMB) as a possible mean of controlling gastro-intestinal nematode in grazing male goats. Jurnal Biosains Vol 14, No.2: 75-78
- Wahab A. Rahman, Zary Shariman, Cheah T. S. and Chandrawathani, P. 2002. An assessment of the prevalence of Trypanosoma evansi in cattle from some farms in Perak, Peninsular Malaysia, using the quantitative buffy coat (QBC) technique. Jurnal Biosains Vol 13, No.1: 35-37
- Noorkhairiah Salleh, Zary Shariman Yahaya & Sabapathy, D. 2010. Prevalence of Gastrointestinal Prasites of captive and Semi-captive orang utan (Pongo pygmaeus pygmaeus) in Orang Utan Island, Bukit Merah, Perak, Malaysia. ASIAN-HOPE 2010 IPS Pre-congress Symposium and Workshop in Inuyama, Japan 6 – 10 October 2010
- Mohd Nur Firdaus Bin Abdul Latif & Yahaya Z.S. 2010. The Cloning of Recombinant Haemonchus cathepsin L Protease (Hc-CPL-1) as a Vaccine Candidate against Gastrointestinal Nematode Infection in Sheep and Goat. In: IMT-GT Uninet Conference, Hatyai, Thailand 7-8 October 2010
- Nur Asyura Nasaruddin, Zary Shariman Yahaya, Shahrul Anuar Md Sah. 2010. Ectoparasites of bats in Peninsular Malaysia. In: IMT-GT Uninet Conference, Hatyai, Thailand 7-8 October 2010
- Nasaruddin A, Yahaya, Z.S. Mohd Sah, S. A., Mohd Abdul Muin, M.A. , Mohd Syafiq, M. M., Mohd Yusof, O., Khairul, N.A.M., Syed Mohd Yusof, O., Khairul, N.A.M., Syed Mohd Edzham, S. H., M. And Nordin. 2010. Ectoparasites of Bats in Kampung Peta, Johore, Malaysia. In:Simposium Biodiversiti & Kelestarian Taman Negara Johor 17 & 18 April 2010, Pan Puteri, Johor Bahru, pp. 27
- Shahrul Anuar, M.S., A.Nasaruddin, A Yahaya, Z.S., Mohd Abdul Muin, M.A. , Mohd Syafiq, M. M., Mohd Yusof, O., Khairul, N.A.M., Syed Mohd Yusof, O., Khairul, N.A.M., Syed Mohd Edzham, S. H., M. & Nordin, A. 2010. A survey of Understorey Bats at Kampung Peta, Endau Rompin National Park, Johore, Peninsular Malaysia. In: Simposium Biodiversiti & Kelestarian Taman Negara Johor 17 & 18 April 2010, Pan Puteri, Johor Bahru, pp. 21
- Hamed Kioumarsi, Kaveh Jafari Khorshidi, Zary Shariman Yahaya, Isabelle Vancutsem, Ali Emrouznejad, Majid Zerafat Angiz and Abdul Wahab Rahman. Customer Satisfaction: The Case of Fresh Meat Eating Quality Preferences and the USDA Yield Grade Standard.2010. Proceedings of IJAS Mediterranean Conference for Academic Disciplines, 15th – 18th February 2010, Xiewkija, Gozo, Malta
- Zary Shariman Yahaya, Chong Kai Weng and Wong How Jun. 2009. Helminth parasites of Periplaneta Americana aroung Penang Island, Malaysia. Proceedings of IJAS European Conference for Academic Disciplines, 9th – 13th Nov 2009, Gottenheim, Germany
- Zary S. Yahaya, A. Garofalo, M. Kennedy, R. Seth, I.R. Duce, J. M. Behnke & J. E. Bradley. Cloning and characterization of Hp-FAR-1 from Heligmosomoides polygyrus. The British Society for Parasitology: Spring and Malaria Meetings, 3rd – 6th April 2005, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom.
- Ch’ng S.J. Yahaya Z. S., Tran V. M., Boey P. L. & Chan L. K. 2010. Selection of Cell Lines for Cell Suspension Culture of Artemisia Annu L. of Vietnam Origin. In:12th Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Seminar, Auditorium, FRIM, Kuala Lumpur 3-4 August 2010