B. Sc.(Hons) (Zoology),Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Visual signalling in plant animal interactions
- General Zoological studies
- Visual modelling
My research encompasses various fields ranging from botany to zoology. One of my main interest is combining technology (both software and hardware) for fundamental research. Our new project involves the use of UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles) or drones for conservation effort.
Orangutan nest pictures captured using drone.
- Counting abilities and number sense in animals
- Signals in plant-animal interactions: Evolutionary tactics of plants and animals
- Conservation of Orangutan
- Spines and thorns of various Rattan species
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University of Keele
10 Selected publications
- Fadzly, N., Jack, C., Schaefer, H. M., & Burns, K. C. (2009). Ontogenetic colour changes in an insular tree species: signalling to extinct browsing birds?. New Phytologist, 184(2), 495-501.
- Fadzly, N., & Burns, K. C. (2010). Hiding from the ghost of herbivory past: evidence for crypsis in an insular tree species. International journal of plant sciences, 171(8), 828-833.
- Fadzly, N., & Burns, K. C. (2010). What weta want: colour preferences of a frugivorous insect. Arthropod-Plant Interactions, 4(4), 267-276.
- Zakaria, R., Mansor, A., Fadzly, N., Rosely, N., & Mansor, M. (2009). Comparison of plant communities at six study plots in Penang forest reserves, Malaysia. Tropical Ecology, 50(2), 259.
- Mutalib, A. H. A., Fadzly, N., & Foo, R. (2013). Striking a balance between tradition and conservation: general perceptions and awareness level of local citizens regarding turtle conservation efforts based on age factors and gender. Ocean & coastal management, 78, 56-63.
- Mutalib, A., Hasanah, A., Fadzly, N., Ahmad, A., & Nasir, N. (2015). Understanding nesting ecology and behaviour of green marine turtles at Setiu, Terengganu, Malaysia. Marine Ecology, 36(4), 1003-1012.
- Fadzly, N., Burns, K. C., & Zuharah, W. F. (2013). Evaluating Frugivore-fruit Interactions Using Avian Eye Modelling. Tropical life sciences research,24(2), 31.
- Rahman, N. A. A., Fadzly, N., Dzakwan, N. M., & Zulkifli, N. H. (2014). The Numerical Competency of Two Bird Species (Corvus splendens and Acridotheres tristis). Tropical life sciences research, 25
- Fadzly, N., Zuharah, W. F., Mansor, A., & Zakaria, R. (2016). Cryptic coloration of Macaranga bancana seedlings: A unique strategy for a pioneer species.Plant Signaling & Behavior,11(7), e1197466.
- Mutalib, A. H. A., & Fadzly, N. (2015). Assessing hatchery management as a conservation tool for sea turtles: A case study in Setiu, Terengganu.Ocean & Coastal Management,113, 47-53.