B.Sc.(Hons.), M.Sc., Universiti Sains Malaysia
DAP&E, Inst. for Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur
Ext. 3516; email@example.com
Medical Entomology; Biology and Ecology of Mosquito in Urban and Rural Areas
- Biological control of mosquitoes, household pest and household insecticide usage in Penang Island
- Composition of cockroaches in Penang
- Ecological aspects of Culex quinquefasciatus and Aedes sp. around residential areas in Penang Island.
- The study of Aedes mosquito at the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, emphasising on the “Asian tiger mosquito”, Aedes albopictus and Aedes aegypti in selected locations on Penang Island. The work includes studying the biology and a pathogen of mosquitoes.
- Distribution of mosquito associated with Toxorhynchites sp and Coelomomyces stegomyiae and their predator and parasite, in endemic areas, emphasizing on the parasite life cycle in the quest to control human dengue. This can be achieved through a better understanding of the mosquito biology. The information can be used to minimize human infection and potentially to improve vector control.
- Ahmad Ramli, S. and A. Abu Hassan. 2002. Seasonal abundance and biting cycle of Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera:Culicidae) around residential areas on Penang Island, Malaysia. The Fourth Regional IMT-GT UNINET Conference, Penang, Malaysia.
- Abu Hassan, A. and S. Ahmad Ramli. 2001. The urbanization and mosquito problem. Fourth Asia - Pacifi c Conference of Entomology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Saad, A. R., C. Y. Lee, L. C. Lee and N. L. Chong. 1998. Cockroach species composition in Penang, Malaysia and correlation between sanitation and degree of infestation. Second Joint PSU-USM-USU Biennial Conference, Hat Yai, Thailand.
- Ahmad Ramli, S., A. Abu Hassan and Z. Jaal. 1994. Perbandingan hasil rakit telur Culex quinquefasciatus Say 1823 (Diptera: Culicidae) dengan menggunakan media Reiter dan media air tercemar. J. Bioscience 5: 19-24.